These delicious Vegan Almond Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect treats for your next Rainy-Day-In!
Foodie Friday post by Stephanie at Petals and Sunshine:
This is one of our favourite go-to muffin recipe. The almond extract really gives this muffin so much more flavour!
- 1/2 cup rice milk (I used vanilla)
- 1 Tbsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup honey or other sweetener (we don’t use regular sugar since my son has sensitivities and it makes him really hyper).
- 1 Tbsp ground flax in 2 Tbsp water, reserve for a few minutes until it thickens
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or half coconut oil and half applesauce)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
Mix milk, almond extract and honey. Add coconut oil and mix well. Then add the flax/water mixture, and all the dry ingredients, including the chocolate chips and mix.
Bake at 370 F for about 20 minutes.
I made mine in a mini muffin tin, because my kids love mini muffins! If you do too, you’ll obviously have to bake them for a much shorter time.
Cool off before storing in a container… if it even makes it to a container!