This fun April Fools’ Day switcheroo recipe is from Smashing Cake Designs:
Want a fun little trick for your kids on April Fool’s day? These are so easy to make, and your kids will love them!
Hint: This “grilled cheese sandwich” is really disguised pound cake!
- Buy a pound cake from the frozen dessert section of the grocery store.
- Cut it into slices, put it in the oven for about a minute under broil to give it a toasty look. Be careful - this happens very fast!
- Let them cool, and cut them diagonally.
- Using about a 1/4 tub of icing or your own home made icing dye it with a little red and several drops of food coloring until you get a nice orange color for cheese.
- If you put a nice amount on one side of your sandwich and put the top piece of toast on top pushing down lightly, you will get the icing to come out of the edges making it look like melted cheese.
Give them a try and let me know how you made out!