President’s Day is this Monday, so pay tribute to our country’s Presidents with this way-cute kids craft. While you sit down with your little one to whip up this patriotic heart, encourage a discussion of our presidential past, present, and future!
Courtesy of: The Learning Bug
- One sheet of white cardstock or construction paper
- Red paint and sponge or brush, or a red Do-A-Dot marker
- Blue card stock or construction paper
- Small white star die-cuts or star stickers
- Glue Stick
- Have each child cut out a heart from the white paper, or have them trace a template you’ve prepared in advance.
- Paint the red stripes on the heart, and allow the paint to dry.
- While the paint dries, cut the top half of the heart from blue paper.
- Glue the white stars on to the blue paper.
- Glue the blue paper on to the striped heart.
- Laminate the heart for durability (optional).
Project from Two Hearts Together and The Learning Bug
Check back soon for more President’s Day Crafts and a CookiesKids.com President’s Day Special Sale!