What I’ve learned so far…(10 weeks of being a Mom)
1. No matter how often you bathe/shower them, your baby will try to store enough lint between their toes and fingers to knit a sweater. Get in there.
2. Always keep a couple of plastic bags (for dirty diapers or clothes that have suffered an explosive diaper) and onesies in your diaper bag and car.
3. The Hooter Hider is a must. Now that he’s bigger, a blanket draped over my shoulder won’t do it, as he moves around too much and can take it down in one fell swoop. In a crowded restaurant. I say that from experience.
4. Wash your hands more than necessary; your fingers are always in or near their mouth.
5. You can never kiss your baby too many times.
6. As your baby gets bigger, there are more and more rolls (belly, chin, arms) to clean between. Make sure you wash under their chin/neck, as they particularly like to store crumbs, lint and toys under there.
7. Baby breath is the best.
8. Don’t change the baby’s position until they start getting fussy- otherwise you’ve wasted a position. Gray goes from me holding him in ten different positions, to the activity mat, to tummy time, to the sling/baby bjorn throughout the day…but not until he needs the change.
9. Gray’s toenails grow a lot slower than his fingernails. Is this true of all babies?
10. Baby yawns and sneezes are even cuter than they sound.
11. Wash your hair and shave every time you take a shower….cause you never know when your next shower will be, or if you’ll be holding him in the shower and therefore have no hands to do anything else.
12. Keep hand sanitizer with you at all times (especially if you’re going anywhere near a shopping cart). I’ve even found some ‘green’(er) hand sanitizers.
Have any new mom/dad advice or tips that you’d like to share? Comment below and we might feature it in a future post!
Copyright © 2016 cookieskids.com | All Rights Reserved.